Storage Manchester - Packing Tips
The best way to pack your storage unit
When you use Storage Manchester, our friendly staff are always on hand to answer your questions. The following information will help you get the most from self storage with Storage Manchester
- Please let staff know some general information about the items to be stored when reserving your unit. They?ll be able to advise on the right amount of storage space and also make sure you're not storing items unfit for self storage
- Decide if you want to have regular access to any of your goods. If so, these should be the last items you put into storage. We have racking units you can buy or hire, if you need regular access to multiple items
- Unload your goods in the loading bay, and use the available trolleys to transport your goods to your storage unit. Please don?t overload the trolley, and stack safely!
- Start by covering the ground space with a dust sheet to protect your goods Identify your heaviest or fullest boxes, and put these with your bulky items in first
- Identify fragile goods
- Storing sofas and mattresses on end, and stacking chairs pad-to-pad, will help you to minimise the amount of space you need. Ask our helpful staff for advice on storing items this way.
- Stack your boxes, maximising your storage space, from the back of the unit and fill your space methodically towards the front ? don?t forget to use single items for filling gaps as you go
- Take care to safely pack sharp edges or garden tools to avoid accidents. Outside equipment should be cleaned before storage, and lawnmower blades or cutting tools should be lightly oiled
- When all your items are in, cover with a dust sheet to keep them clean and protected
- Secure your unit with a padlock ? we have a choice available for you to buy